This is the forum for emscripten related questions, but there is no
guarantee about responses within any period, people will answer if they
have knowledge about the topic. Also comparing to other communities is not
particularly helpful.

I have not used Emscripten compiled output as a node.js module. You could
try out experimenting with the --pre-js, --post-js and -s MODULARIZE=1
options to see if they can help you adapt the build output as needed. If
those features are missing something, try proposing a pull request to
improve the frontend for your needs.