Chrome has had a longstanding bug that if one allocates a too large
ArrayBuffer (or WebAssembly.Memory) that the page does not have enough
memory, the page can Aww snap instead of throwing a JavaScript
exception. I don't know if that is the cause here, but you could try
allocating a much smaller size for TOTAL_MEMORY to see if that might
avoid the issue.