(1) I would try to start with a pure GSL source repo, not the gsl-js repo
(this provides a precompiled .js blob callable from Javascript, but it
looks like you need GSL as a normal C library to be compiled with
libamtrack.

(2) the main problem here which I don't understand is why it's trying to
call gfortran, from looking over the repositories I haven't seen any
Fortran sources (which would be a show stopper), all I've seen is C headers
and sources (which is good)

If I would tackle the problem I would probably throw away all the autoconf
stuff, put all sources (GSL and libamtrack) into a common project
directory, and write a simplest-possible cmake file with hardwired config
for emscripten which compiles a static library. But YMMV of course :)