I think this is the same issue as described
here: https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/pull/6960

Basically, if your app is served via https, you need to tell the emscripten
socket emulation that it needs to use wss:// instead of ws:// as WebSocket
protocol (and your WebSocket backend must be able to deal with wss://).