Hello everyone,

At my work, we create a tool which runs in the Web Browser but uses native
components. These are compiled with emscripten to *asm.js* (we plan to
transition to wasm in the future).

As a company we want to provide the as correct as possible list of our used
open source software and respect the licenses as well as the copyrights.

Therefore we want to add the necessary information that we use the code
which is compiled with emscripten. We do not and are currently not planning
to ship emscripten, therefore we are at the moment only interested in the
code emitted by emscripten. Therefore I have these questions:

   1. Under which license and copyright is the from emscripten generated
   code?
   2. As far as I know, there are JavaScript / Browser implementations of
   libc in order to be able to execute code which uses these APIs. Under which
   license and copyright is this code? Is there a specific source code folder
   which holds this implementation so that I can focus my intention on this
   particular folder?
   3. Is there a difference regarding emitting asm.js and WASM in the
   context of license and copyright? (there is obviously a technical
   difference, but I am not interested in this at the moment)
   4. Is in the generated code anything which was copied or otherwise added
   which orignally stems from another open source software? What comes to my
   mind are things like polyfills which could be generated into the code in
   order "to make things work" etc.. (I am aware of emscripten ports and we
   specifically use FreeType, Harfbuzz and ICU. But is there more than that).

Thank you very much in advance for your answers.

Best regards,

paw