I considered retaining namespace-specific packing.  my concern is that
in the channel binding response you want to remove values.  This ends up
being a bit namespace specific because of VSAs but seems to argue for
the channel binding logic ending up getting stuck with a fair bit of
namespace specific logic.  I also really wanted to avoid more than one
length for a given attribute because that tends to cause problems in a
security protocol--they can get out of sync.  A blob of RADIUS stuff all
with its own length would not suffer from the length issue so much.

This is an area where I want us to decide quite quickly what the answer
is going to be, but where I don't have a hugely strong opinion on what
it is.
I threw something out to make forward progress.
So long as we can actually decide on something soon, I'm happy to change
to another way of encoding.