    Yoshihiro> [1] As far as I understand, the method-based channel
    Yoshihiro> binding is not applicable to ERP.  For completeness of
    Yoshihiro> the specification it may be good to add some text to
    Yoshihiro> clarify this.

I'd welcome suggestions.
I'm not really familiar with ERP.

    Yoshihiro> [3] Probably this was discussed in the WG, but I want to
    Yoshihiro> understand the motivation for the namespace in Channel
    Yoshihiro> Binding Encoding because it seems to be a hard
    Yoshihiro> requirement if the peer has to know what namespace (or
    Yoshihiro> protocol) is being used between an EAP authenticator and
    Yoshihiro> EAP server.  Also, in some case, the channel binding
    Yoshihiro> operation may be performed with a standalone
    Yoshihiro> authenticator since, due to EAP's mode independence
    Yoshihiro> property, the peer does not know whether the
    Yoshihiro> authenticator it is talking to is a pass-through
    Yoshihiro> authenticator or a stand-alone one.  What namespace
    Yoshihiro> should be used with a standalone authenticator?

The namespace ID simply names where the attribute comes from.  If you
are describing some value that is available in a RADIUS ID, then you
should use the RADIUS namespace. The EAP server (which as you point out
may be the authenticator) is responsible for matching up that
information in whatever form it has it.

For attributes available both in the diameter and RADIUS namespaces I'd
expect some lower layer document to describe which one to use regardless
of whether an AAA protocol is in use or which one is in use.