    Alper> Hi Sam, Please also share this discussion with EAP WG and EMU
    Alper> WG mailing lists. That's where the EAP expertise is and they
    Alper> should chime in, given that you are proposing to modify EAP
    Alper> applicability statement.
    >>
    >> The eap applicability statement update is a charter item of
    >> ABFAB. We've agreed it will be last called in EMU.  Since it's a
    >> work item of abfab, it should be discussed on that list.  You're
    >> certainly free to let people know that the discussion if taking
    >> place, although we've done that several times before.

    Alper> Sam,

    Alper> The type of changes you are talking about are well beyond the
    Alper> "applicability statement changes" that ABFAB is chartered to
    Alper> make.

First,  I definitely encourage you to involve anyone in any IETF WG
discussion you believe will help form a better consensus.
So, absolutely, encourage people who you believe should join the
discussion to do so.

I am a bit confused by your message, because I'm not discussing changing
EAP, only discussing how some issues that seem relatively likely to come
up will influence applying EAP authentication to application
authentication.
My intent is to document existing, potentially hard to understand
aspects of EAP so that  people can better apply EAP to their
applications.

Thanks,

--Sam