Dear all,

We have submitted a new version of our draft titled “Nimble out-of-band
authentication for EAP (EAP-NOOB)”:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-aura-eap-noob-03

The draft defines an EAP method where the authentication is based on a
user-assisted out-of-band (OOB) channel between the server and peer. It is
intended as a generic bootstrapping solution for Internet-of-Things devices
which have no pre-configured authentication credentials and which are not yet
registered on the authentication server.

Since the previous version, we have improved the clarity of the specification
and resolved minor issues that were found in the implementation and formal
modeling of the protocol. The quality of the protocol specification has
improved a lot and it should now be quite easy to read and implement. The list
of updates can be found from the version history in the appendix of the draft.
We are still on the process of modeling various failure conditions, such as
intentionally dropped messages, and might make minor modifications for the next
version to improve the robustness of failure recovery in some special cases.

The open source implementation has been updated to match the new version, and
the mCRL2 formal model is also available:
https://github.com/tuomaura/eap-noob

We look forward to your feedback and comments here or on the SAAG mailing list.

Regards,
Tuomas