I was looking at the EAP-TLS with TLS 1.3 draft and noticed that it forbids PSK
authentication. Why is that? While there is the EAP-PSK method, I would much
rather use EAP-TLS with PSK because it provides identity protection and perfect
forward secrecy, unlike EAP-PSK.

In fact, I think EAP-TLS with PSK should become the standard authentication
method for networks that rely on shared secrets, e.g. WPA-Personal. Unifying
the Wi-Fi authentication around EAP would greatly simplify the Wi-Fi protocol
stack. Not that I expect it to happen immediately, but we should not close
sensible paths forward.

Tuomas