On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 8:53 PM Jorge Vergara <jover...@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> Sorry for the last minute comment on this one before the meeting. I would
> like to mark this as a “discuss” - I have some compat concern about making
> the TLV length variable. Current implementations truncate the MAC field at
> 20 octets. Although I agree in spirit with the direction of this change, I
> think it would require changing the version of the Crypto-Binding TLV.
>

> I recognize that most probably won’t have time to review this concern
> before the meeting and so the discussion may not be able to occur there.
> Apologies again as I only realized this concern as I was giving everything
> a final pass-over.

[Joe] Thanks for catching this.  If this is the case then we should have
the errata resolution reflect what implementations do and leave the rest of
the change for a document update.

For this I suggest that we leave section 4.2.13 unchanged and make changes
to 5.3.

Section 5.3 Says:

 The Compound MAC computation is as follows:

      CMK = CMK[j]
      Compound-MAC = MAC( CMK, BUFFER )

   where j is the number of the last successfully executed inner EAP
   method, MAC is the MAC function negotiated in TLS 1.2 [RFC5246], and
   BUFFER is created after concatenating these fields in the following
   order:

   1  The entire Crypto-Binding TLV attribute with both the EMSK and MSK
      Compound MAC fields zeroed out.

   2  The EAP Type sent by the other party in the first TEAP message.

It Should say:

 The Compound MAC computation is as follows:

      CMK = CMK[j]
      Compound-MAC = MAC( CMK, BUFFER )

   where j is the number of the last successfully executed inner EAP
   method, MAC is HMAC [RFC2104] using the hash function negotiated in

   TLS [RFC5246].  If the output of the HMAC is greater than 20 bytes then

   it is truncated to 20 bytes.  The BUFFER is created after concatenating

   these fields in the following order:

   1  The entire Crypto-Binding TLV attribute with both the EMSK and MSK
      Compound MAC fields zeroed out.

   2  The EAP Type sent by the other party in the first TEAP message. This

       is a single octet encoded as (0x37)