Hi Michael,

EAP can be used in the context of IoT for authentication. To transport EAP from the IoT device we need a light EAP lower-layer. This would be CoAP. Morover, according to EAP key management framework, keys are exported to protect the link and the EAP lower-layer itself. So yes, OSCORE could be used for that kind of protection.

 Another aspect, it is that the use case we consider is the case where an IoT device is trying to access a security domain under the control of a “controller” that is connected to a backend AAA infrastructure, which acts as EAP authenticator.

 Best Regards.