On May 7, 2021, at 5:18 PM, Joseph Salowey <j...@salowey.net> wrote:
> [Joe] I think the one issue that was raised during TLS review was that using
> the same label for MSK and EMSK could make it more difficult to separate out
> the derivations of these keys at the TLS level.  For example, example,
> perhaps the TLS implementation could restrict access to the MSK and EMSK
> independently depending upon hte caller.

  I'll have to think about that a little more before I understand the
underlying objection.

  From what I can see, MSK and EMSK are specific to EAP-TLS.  They are derived
in the EAP-TLS application, by passing EAP-TLS parameters to TLS key exporters.

  So the TLS layer has no concept of what MSK or EMSK are.  As a result, the
TLS layer should have minimal input into what those keys are, or how they are
derived.

  Alan DeKok.