Hey Nuritzi!

Thanks for this! One note: the GNOME Foundation recently received two
additional not-Arm machines from Red Hat which have been racked and
installed already. I originally had a chat about this with Oliver and
we thought making a joint announcement with the new Arm hardware was
probably a good move. Do you think we can make it happen?

We definitely want to thank Red Hat for the continued support.

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Alberto Ruiz suggested adding a news item about the recent ARM donations
> that the GNOME Foundation received. We've drafted a news item and have
> scheduled it to post tomorrow (Wednesday) morning at 10:00 UTC. If you have
> access to the website, you can check out the preview here:
> https://www.gnome.org/?p=7132&preview=true. I'm also including the text
> below.
>
> Please let me know if you have any feedback. We can edit the post before
> doing a social media blast for it later on Wednesday afternoon or Thursday
> morning PDT.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best,
> Nuritzi
>

> April 27, 2016
>
> The GNOME Foundation welcomes ARM device donations
>
> ORINDA, CA. Recently, the GNOME Foundation sent out a request seeking
> donations of ARM build server hardware so that the GNOME project could
> improve the support and quality of the GNOME desktop on ARM devices.
>
> We quickly received a great deal of support from the larger GNOME community
> and would like to thank and acknowledge the people and companies behind each
> of the donations offered and accepted. All of the donated systems will be
> used to build and test the GNOME desktop and its applications on both the
> 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the ARM architecture.
>
> A big thank you to the following generous donors and supporters:
>
> ARM
>
> Andrew Wafaa from ARM quickly responded to our request and reached out
> internally to find us some hardware. In just a few weeks, he was able to
> secure an OVERDRIVE 3000 from SoftIron which has an octa-core AMD Opteron
> A1100 64-bit Cortex A57 ARM processor with 16Gb of RAM and 1TB hard disk.
> This machine is already being hosted in the Red Hat Phoenix datacenter where
> other GNOME servers are located.
>
> Banana Pi
>
> Leo Xu from Banana Pi reached out to us and donated a total of five Single
> Board Computers with different Allwinner ARM chips. We will send them to
> developers interested in enabling such hardware for use with GNOME.
>
> Codethink & Endless
>
> Paul Sherwood from Codethink reached out to us offering us several blades at
> Codethink’s HP Moonshot system hosted by them in the UK. Endless is
> sponsoring a project with Codethink to use this hardware to make xdg-app
> runtime, SDK and app builds for ARM.
>
> Qualcomm
>
> Manik Taneja and Victor Ruiz from Canonical reached out to Ketal Gandhi at
> Qualcomm about GNOME’s need for ARM hardware. Gandhi was able to have
> Qualcomm donate four Dragonboard 410c Single Board Computers from the
> 96boards project. These boards will provide a great platform for application
> developers who want to test their apps in ARM.
>
> Other Offers
>
> The Foundation would like to give its thanks to several other people who
> [...]

Cheers,

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Infrastructure Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Board of Directors Secretary,

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av