Hi everyone,

I'm going to be offline for the next week. I'm leaving with some tasks
incomplete for the 3.26 release on 13 September. Here's what needs to be
done:

   - Release notes:
      - The Git statistics need updating from last release. There are notes
      about this on the wiki [1]. Emily has said that she will chase Andre, but
      whoever coordinates the release should make sure that it has been done.
      - Someone needs to ask the sysadmins to publish the release notes
      online with a password (I asked about this today, but didn't get
a reply).
      Once they're up, log in and check that they are OK, in
particular that all
      the screenshots are visible.
      - News post: I've written a draft which is in gnome.org. It will need
   finishing off on release day, as described in the instructions [2].
   - Screenshot pack: this isn't essential, but if someone wants to do it,
   there are instructions on the wiki [3] and you can see what we've done in
   previous releases. You'll need to combine the screenshots I took (which are
   in Nextcloud) with Andreas's and the ones from the release notes.
   - Email to Friends of GNOME donors: this is good to do, but not
   absolutely essential. Neil has said that he'll look into it.
   - Social media: ideally we'd have done some posts in the run up to the
   release, but we should at least make sure that we have announcements on
   Twitter, Facebook and G+. Ideally the release coordinator should chase this
   up.
   - Release day: someone needs to coordinate the announcement. In addition
   to what is documented on the wiki [2], they should also check that the
   release notes are ready. Feel free to skip the step about updating the
   screenshots on gnome.org - that can happen later.

Sorry to leave you over release day - good luck! If anything is unclear, do
email me (sooner rather than later!)

Allan
--

[1]