> Thanks for the answers!
>
> > LINGUAS is often a variable inside a Mafefile or a configure.ac file
> Indeed. One option for that is to have one or two people from i18n have
> access to some projects to fix that.
>
> > Note that there are more and more modules also using LINGUAS files for
> docs, so this issue should be less important in the future
> That's good to hear!
>
> > but some translators (me, for example) might use an automated script (1)
> to push a bunch of translations instead of doing it one by one in Damned
> Lies, which implies so much click-work to upload and commit a PO file into
> a single module.
> Is it possible for the script to interact directly with Dammed Lies
> instead of directly git?

No AFAIK... another possible solution would be implement the mass-commit
feature in Damned Lies, but dont know hoy difficult would it be

> > About merge requests I don't know exactly how it works, but I don't
> consider it be necessary for translations. It could also generate a
> high-traffic for maintainers and delay translators daily work.
> Yeah... on the other hand I think most of FOSS projects do it this way
> nowadays, at least in things like GitHub, etc. Another thing to consider is
> that translationa can break the code, maybe a good option is that
> translations need to pass CI before being committed? In that case MR could
> be the best way to do that.
> Most probably this is a longer discussion to have though...

Damned Lies ald my script does such tests, but the case we have had with
GIMP headers has not been detected... maybe test tools don't consider it a
wrong line, when they should