On 03/13/2012 08:36 PM, Maor Lipchuk wrote:

1. affected components - isn't vdsm aware of this as well wrt disk lock
protection (appears in both urls)
You right, Backend sends VDSM an indication when ever we create a VM
whether the disk is shared or not.
I Added the OVirt Node, as a related component in the dependencies tab
at the wiki.

ovirt node isn't the affected component. vdsm is.
ovirt node has vdsm in it, but so does any host running vdsm (i.e., full blown fedora host).

2. Remove Shared Disk
maybe make it clear this is about delete, not detach from this vm?
my view - UI should have a clear warning (with checkbox approval) making
it clear delete will remove the shared disk from all VMs sharing it.
I tried to stay consistent with the semantic here, by not mentioning
delete and remove in the same sentence.
I changed it to be as follow:

User can remove the shared raw disk entirely from the setup, whether the
disk is inactive in all the VMs which are attached to it, or all the VMs
which the disk is attached to, are in status down (or any combination of
the two).
When disk will be removed a warning message should display the user the
following message :

"Removing the shared disk will remove it from all the VMs which are
associated with it."

consult einav on phrasing, or assume it will be looked at later on again i guess.

3. Copy Shared Disk
this is "clone disk"? do we have it for non shared disks?
I'm not sure I understood completely.
Move disk for shared disk, will need to have the same functionality as
regular disk, the only difference is that fir shared disk I check all
the VMs which the disk is attached to, whether the disk is inactive in
the running VMs or attached to non active VMs.>

your reply started with "move disk for...". I'm asking on "Copy Shared Disk".
do we have a copy disk action?

Thanks,
   Itamar