<http://forum.pspad.com/read.php?f=2&i=10102&t=10102> 
----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm migrating from UltraEdit to PSPad, and I'm running into a few things
that 
PSPad doesn't seem to have (and I discovered some nice things that UE
doesn't 
have of course!).

I've a small network at home, and I store all my documents and settings
on a 
central place. This is very convenient, e.g. when I add a bookmark on one 
computer, it will be available when I open my browser on another computer.

It also simplifies making backups; I only have to make a backup of the
central 
place; whenever I put a ghost image back on my C drive I don't loose any 
of my settings. A lot of corporate users have the same approach.

With UltraEdit it is possible to set a UEINIDIR variable, that points to
the 
location where the ini files are stored (e.g. T:\MySettings\UltraEdit).
For every computer I only have to set UEINIDIR and wherever I start UE it 
has the same look and feel. And any configuration change is stored on the 
central place.
Now to come to my question ... does PSPad supports this? If not, could you

incorporate it in a future version?
I would appreciate it very much!

Another thing I miss is a customizable toolbar, but I noticed that other
people 
already requested it on this forum.

[%sig%]

-- 
PSPad freeware editor http://www.pspad.com

Reply via email to