Dear Laxmanrao sir,

Teachers and educationists agree that initial learning must be in the
mother tongue. unfortunately, in society today, there is a very huge
premium on learning English, which makes parents want English medium
schools from class 1.

we teachers need to educate parents/society that the best way to learn
English is not to have it as a medium in LPS but rather have it as second /
third language. if teachers are made capable to teach english using rich
and diverse materials (text, audio, video) then students can learn to
speak, understand English quite well...  for this we need to provide an
english materials rich class environment. English teachers can create
simple audio, video resources for language learning and use with the
students.. such as photo essays, audio books, digital stories etc .... this
is a better option than making English as medium of instruction, which is
the cause of failure of many students...

my views. comments welcome..

regards
Guru

IT for Change, Bengaluru
www.ITforChange.net

EnglishSTF Link: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/englishstf

--

*For doubts on Ubuntu and other public software, visit
http://karnatakaeducation.org.in/KOER/en/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions

**Are you using pirated software? Use Sarvajanika Tantramsha, see
http://karnatakaeducation.org.in/KOER/en/index.php/Public_Software ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕ
ಇಲಾಖೆಗೆ  ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕ  ತಂತ್ರಾಂಶ
***If a teacher wants to join STF-read
http://karnatakaeducation.org.in/KOER/en/index.php/Become_a_STF_groups_member