On 05/01/2013 08:40 PM, Grant wrote:
> On 05/01/2013 01:27 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>
>> Grant, if you can give us any hints about what the problem was (or
>> even better, what specific resolution you needed), that would be a
>> great help to anyone else who might run into the same thing.
>

> This is strange.  The message I initially noticed the problem on was
> from you.  Andy's messages showed up fine, in both Inline and MIME
> signing.  But this message also shows the signature.asc attachment and
> doesn't verify.
>
> Andy, does Daniel's message verify for you?

I just did an install of both icedove and enigmail on an otherwise
minimal wheezy system.

I think i can replicate the problem, and it is in debian as
http://bugs.debian.org/679640 -- in particular PGP/MIME-signed messages
with additional parts outside the signature aren't considered signed by
enigmail as long as they are accessed over IMAP (they can be
seen/verified when stored in local folders or over NNTP).

Patrick, this is the issue reported earlier on this list:

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mozilla.enigmail.general/17161/focus=17234

It does not yet seem to be resolved for the enigmail versions that are
marked as compatible with thunderbird 10.0 esr :/  As you can see in
that thread, i tried applying d87a8dbc60427 and 641f937d52b20, and this
was not sufficient to get the message to verify properly when accessed
over IMAP.

What can i do to help resolve the issue?

Regards,

        --dkg