On 10/09/2013 07:01 AM, Klearchos-Angelos Gkountras wrote:
> have you upload your public key to pgp server ? try pgp.mit.edu

please do not recommend pgp.mit.edu [0].  If you're going to recommend
keyservers to the general public, you should recommend the
high-availability pool [1] at this point:

 ha.pool.sks-keyservers.net

> On 10/09/2013 01:56 PM, Bryant Evans wrote:
>
>> Ok, I replied to the list to answer and question and my signature
>> came back bad. I sent myself a message, encrypted, and it came in
>> fine. What am I missing?

it sounds like you sent two messages:

 a) to the list, inline-PGP signed (i think you're talking about
 b) to yourself, encrypted

Note that encryption ≠ signing.  Was (b) itself signed?

(a) appears to be generated by enigmail 1.6 with gnupg 2.0.19 and
thunderbird 24 on windows.  I tried to verify it with key
0x3FDDCDC3F14633097FEEF69919C19D851C0B95E5 and also got BAD signature.

It looks to me like all of your inline-PGP-signed messages to this list
have unverifiable signatures.  can you try sending a PGP/MIME-signed
message to the list instead?  when composing a message, from the
"OpenPGP" menu, ensure that "Use PGP/MIME for this message" is checked.

Regards,

        --dkg

[0] https://we.riseup.net/debian/openpgp-best-practices#dont-use-pgp-mit-edu
[1] https://sks-keyservers.net/overview-of-pools.php