On 20.04.14 15:30, Nicolai Josuttis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as announced some weeks ago, I just pushed a patch for a first
> implementation to provide the ability to automatically encrypt
> messages if all valid keys are known without the need to have a
> rule for it into the sub-branch (derived from master):
> AutoSendEncrypted
>
> In fact, you can choose between:
>> Automatically send encrypted? - Never No automatically encrypted
>> sending except explicitly triggered by rules - With full trust
>> Automatically send encrypted when all keys are known and valid
>> and have full trust - With marginal trust Automatically send
>> encrypted when all keys are known and valid and have at least
>> marginal trust - With unknown trust Automatically send encrypted
>> when all keys are known and valid and have no explicit mistrust
>
> With this patch I also change the ability to ask for confirmations
> before sending with more options:
>> Confirm before sending? - Never Don't display information dialog
>> about signing/encryption before sending a message - Always Always
>> display information dialog about signing/encryption before
>> sending a message - If encrypted Display information dialog about
>> signing/encryption before sending an ENCRYPTED message - If
>> unencrypted Display information dialog about signing/encryption
>> before sending an UNENCRYPTED message - If rules changed
>> encryption Display information dialog about signing/encryption
>> before sending if encryption was changed by a rule or
>> auto-encryption
>
> Because this is a non-trivial patch, I want to give the opportunity
> to validate it before it is merged into the master. You have to
> switch to the sub branch: git checkout AutoSendEncrypted and build
> and install the xpi: configure make make xpi
>
> NOTE: At least one thing is MISSING: - the migration from the old
> preference confirmBeforeSend (bool) to the new confirmBeforeSending
> (int) QUESTION: To test the migration I need a new version number
> in the code The code still has 1.6. Is 1.7 appropriate? Where the
> THE right place to change that?

The only place this is relevant is in install.rdf. Release numbers are
not only technically driven. Therefore I only modify this once I
decide to create a new release.

> Please give any feedback you have. The goal is to push it ASAP into
> the master (as both features are something I'd really like to
> have).

Even though setting up a build environment is easier than in the past,
I still don't think that everyone will want to do so. I have created a
package to download for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X:

https://www.enigmail.net/download/beta/enigmail-1.7a1pre-test.xpi

- -Patrick