On 07/09/2014 05:20 AM, Olav Seyfarth wrote:
> I don't see that behaviour here, so could you please be more specific on your
> settings:
>
>  - global sending settings "convenient"

The "Sending" tab shows "Convenient encryption settings" is set.

>  - global key selection settings

[X] By Per-Recipient Rules
[X] By Email Addresses according to Key Manager
[X] Manually if Keys are Missing
[ ] Always (also) Manually

>  - per account default settings (detailed)

[X] Enable OpenPGP support (Enigmail) for this identity

 (x) Use specific OpenPGP key ID [0xD21739E9]

[ ] Encrypt messages by default
[X] Sign messages by default
[X] Use PGP/MIME by default

After application of defaults and rules:
[X] sign non-encrypted messages
[X] sign encrypted messages
[X] Encrypt draft messages on saving

fwiw, i'm seeing this happen on multiple

>  - a debug trace (personal info obfuscated)

What flavor of debug trace do you want?  thunderbird can produce a lot
of different ones.  how would you like me to get it?

Interestingly, in trying to reproduce it, i'm now seeing that it's
easier to reproduce it (but not guaranteed) when replying to an
encrypted mail, instead of just clearsigned mail.  I haven't been able
to get a coherent, reliable reproduction, unfortuantely.  ah, heisenbugs :/

        --dkg