On 09/04/2014 02:22 PM, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 9/4/14 11:14 AM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> | I think opportunistic mode is matching based on case-sensitive
> | e-mail addresses; while this is arguably appropriate for the
> | local-part of the e-mail address
>
> The bug has already been identified and logged. :)

I think you're talking about

 https://sourceforge.net/p/enigmail/bugs/323/

Is there any way that i can subscribe to the bug reports coming through
that interface?  I can't seem to find it, and i'm not always online when
i'm finding these bugs.  if they were in my local mail store, it would
be a lot easier for me to make sure i'm not duplicating things.

> And FYI, no, it's not appropriate to be case sensitive about either
> part of the address.

According to the RFCs, this is incorrect, and the local part is entirel
up to the whims of the domain operator.

But i agree with you that anyone running a mailserver where the local
parts are case-sensitive on today's network is just asking for trouble.
 So i am quite happy to have the entire match be case-insensitive.

        --dkg