On 12.09.16 20:17, NoOp wrote:
> Patrick Brunschwig wrote:
>> On 11.09.16 19:27, NoOp wrote:
>

>>> Clean SeaMonkey 2.45 install
>>> User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:48.0)
>>> Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0 SeaMonkey/2.45
>>> Build identifier: 20160905041600
>>>
>>> Enigmail 1.9b1 log:
>>> http://paste.ubuntu.com/23165512/
>>>
>>> Enigmail 1.9b2 log:
>>> http://paste.ubuntu.com/23165516/
>>
>> Could you also create a debug log with Enigmail 1.9.5? I added quite
>> some debugging output since 1.9.b2.
>
> Here you go Patrick.
>
> Enigmail 1.9.5 log::
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/23170342/

OK, NoOp sent me the message (which was actually a public newsgroup
message). The message structure is completely wrong (broken). According
to the content-type, it's a PGP/MIME signed message with a single plain
text body. However, at some point the message ends. There is no marker
for the end of the body text MIME part, nor is there any signature part.

I agree, Enigmail should do better than displaying nothing, but it's
certainly not related to any interference with S/MIME messages. Enigmail
is just not prepared to handle such message gracefully.

-Patrick