run the command

gpg2 --gen-key

to create a key.    after that's created you should be able to use it in ENIGMAIL.

On 02/15/2017 06:01 AM, enigmail-users-requ...@enigmail.net wrote:
Message: 2
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 21:47:40 -0200
From: Anders Bateva <andersbat...@autoproduzioni.net>
To: enigmail-users@enigmail.net
Subject: [Enigmail] Impossible to generate key

Hello. I've been plagued, on the last months, by the impossibility of
creating a key pair for me. I had given up, but as I continue to use
e-mail, I still feel the need to encrypt it, but I can't!

I opened "enigmail configuration assistant"->"standard configuration",
and, as always, this process progressed a little on the first 20 minutes
(1 tick on the progress bar). Then, it stopped for 1 hour. I already
tried before letting it alone for more than 4 hours, and no progress was
made. It simply can't generate the keys. The same happens by the way
"enigmail key manager -> generate -> new key par".

I already uninstalled gnupg, and I'm sure I have gnupg2. I have
Thunderbird 45.7.0 with Enigmail 1.9.6.1.

What to do?

--
/Mike