On Thu 2017-07-06 17:35:21 +0200, Ludwig Hügelschäfer wrote:
> On 06.07.17 15:12, Lancon Erocan wrote:
>> I know there is indeed security issue on auto-filling, but there is no
>> reason to disallowing pasting. In that case I have no mean to input a
>> /*REALLY */secure password generated from my password manager.
>> Pls, /*DO NOT*/ F**K with pasting.
>
> Please moderate your tune. This not considered the right vocabulary
> here. Alos, you're barking up the wrong tree: Enigmail does NOT supply
> the Pinentry dialog.

fwiw, many newer versions of pinentry tend to allow pasting, but given
that Lancon hasn't mentioned even what platform he's using (let alone
which pinentry or which version) i don't know how to help him debug.

Lancon, if you don't feel like cursing any more, feel free to follow up
over on gnupg-us...@gnupg.org with details about your system and we can
have a discussion about pinentry and the copy/paste mechanism.

Regards,

     --dkg