On 07/09/2018 22:31, Patrick Chkoreff wrote:
>> Can anybody think of something more I can do to force Enigmail NOT to
>> set up one of those "encrypted.asc" file attachment things,
> OK I think I figured something out.  I went into the Per-Recipient rules
> and set PGP/MIME to "Never".  I sent a message to my friend Bob and saw
> this:

What mail client is Bob using? The first message part header you
quoted[1] is correct for PGP/MIME which I would have thought any modern
mail client should be able to decode.

Footnote:-
1: If this is the message part header (which you quoted)

then this will be in the main message header:

--
Mark Rousell