Dmitry Alexandrov <d...@gnui.org> wrote:
>> (I sense lots of fun coming up setting all paths correctly)
>
> If you are going to use APT, it will either work like a charm or bump against
> dependencies that unresolvable without upgrading the whole system.  I am
> still leaning to bet on the latter, though.

And the next possibility you might want to consider before building anything
complex from vanilla sources, is to install some other package manager /
distribution on the same Linux® (what version is that machine running? 4.15?),
such as GNU Guix [0], for instance.  In that case, multiple GPG versions could
easily coexist.

[0] https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/guix.html#Installation