So then would it legitimate to have a version of Enigmail that continued
to work with TB 78? :)

Just curious as to what is p≡p is doing differently (better?) over the
default Open PGP implementation. We kept hearing they were doing this to
make it more streamlined and not require additional add-ons but now we
have an add-on. I'm not trying to be confrontational but honestly
wondering  why.

Thanks

On 9/6/2020 12:08 PM, Patrick Brunschwig wrote:
> The philosophy of pEp is different than the one of Thunderbird. It's
> perfectly legitimate that there's more than one solution for encryption.
>
> The Enigmail migrator in TB 78 is only for users of the classical mode
> of Enigmail. Users of pEp are offered to install pEp for Thunderbird.
> And this is now also prepared in Enigmail for TB 68.
>
> -Patrick
>
> On 06.09.2020 19:39, Mark wrote:
>> Little confused here with the messages about p≡p. If Thunderbird 78 has
>> built in OpenPGP and we no longer use Enigmail/GPG4Win, what is this
>> addon for?
>>
>> Thanks

>>> Thunderbird 78.2.1 with OpenPGP enabled has been released now. According
>>> to the release notes:
>>>
>>> Thunderbird version 78.2.1 is only offered as direct download from
>>> https://thunderbird.net and *not* as an upgrade from Thunderbird version
>>> 68 or earlier. A future release will provide updates from earlier