On 09.09.20 11:35, Lachezar Dobrev wrote:
   Hey all.
   After reading the messages on this mailing list, I'm contemplating
whether I should completely separate the P/GP/G for day to day use
(code signing, file crypto, etc.) with the one for email. That way
whatever trust I bestow in Thunderbird's P/GP/G implementation will
not interfere with the other tools that I use.

   I have not had any experience with the new Thunderbird, and I wonder
if it will be possible to completely skip migrating from Enigmail and
start all-over without touching the infrastructure I have built?

   I am thinking of creating new P/GP/G keys for use with Thunderbird
only. And *somehow* I should have a way to sign those with a key that
is *not* in Thunderbird.

That's possible.

You aren't forced to perform a migration with Enigmail, you may cancel the offer.

To do what you want to do, you could create a new key pair in TB 78. Then use TB 78 key manager to export your public key. Then use your existing setup to sign your new key with your old key. Export your signed pub key from gnupg. Use TB 78 to import your signed pub key. The signature you've made will not be automatically used by TB 78, but if your correspondents import your new pub key, they can see the signature in key details, certifications tab.

Kai