Hello,

The Google Summer of Code is approaching fast.  Google will begin taking
Mentoring Organization applications between March 9th and March 13th.
They will announce the list of accepted Mentoring Organizations on March
18th 1900 UTC.  I am in the process of polishing up our application in
order to submit it.

The current GSoC Timeline can be found here:

  http://tinyurl.com/cgha8l

While at this time we do not know if we will be accepted, we are very
hopeful.  If you are interested in participating in GSoC with
Enlightenment, please feel free to drop by #e on Freenode, introduce
yourself, mention your intentions, and meet some folks.

While we do have an ideas page full of a variety of ideas... it is for
guidance.  You may of course select an idea off this page, but students
are also encouraged to submit their own ideas and proposals.  If you
have an award winning idea that you've been incubating, this could be
your opportunity to see it realized.

Our GSoC 2009 Ideas page can be found here:

  http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/GSoC_2009_Project_Ideas

Student proposals will be accepted by participating Mentoring
Organizations between March 23rd and April 3rd

--
Thanks,
Ravenlock