On Mon, 4 Aug 2014 11:45:53 +0200 Davide Andreoli <d...@gurumeditation.it> said:

> > elementary
> > 0.5
> > configuration
> > > >

> > > This is a media center, it is designed to be used in fullscreen from your
> > > couch...
> > > Can you read the texts from the couch at 0.5 scale? this app is not
> > > designed
> > > to match the default elm theme for the desktop.
> > > But, if you really prefer a smaller scale (maybe your monitor has
> > different
> > > dpi?)
> > > you can adjust the interface scale right from the config, there's a
> > proper
> > > option
> > > for that.
> >
> > actually here i'd argue that your system config elm scale should be maybe
> > 1.5
> > or 2 when on your tv - epymc would just follow. more specifically -
> > elementary_test, terminology, rage etc. should also seem nice and readable
> > too
> > (catch - bitmap fonts wont work here in terminology as they are
> > specifically
> > not scalable without major uglies).
> >

> And what when you use epymc on your normal pc monitor ?

i know - thats why it should look right on my pc monitor at my current scale -
eg look fine on scale 1.0 out of the box. on my tv on the other side of the
living room switch scale to maybe 1.5 or 2 on the set top box or whatever is
attached to the tv. then it comes up at its current size nicely.

> If I change the whole elm_scale then all my desktop app will look ugly.
> Then I want (on my desk pc) to run epymc, leave the seat, go to the couch
> and
> have epymc diplay bigger fonts.
>
> I really think the way is implemented now is right, no?

assume a scale of 2.0 on your tv, but make it look nice at scale 1 (or
whatever) on your desktop. i shouldnt have lists of items and buttons etc. that
are bigger/chunkier than other lists/buttons on my desktop when there. it
should match sizing in fonts and widgets for the same purpose. on a tv you'd
configure acale to 1.5 or 2.0 and then it'd have the sizing you expect from a
living room tv.