On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 15:33:55 +0300 Markus Törnqvist <m...@nysv.org> said:

> On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 10:48:09PM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> >
> >It will
> >automatically search for album art for music files, if not already cached,
> >and display that.
>
> Tested this feature as well, after I ripped and encoded the new Opeth album
> Pale Communion.
>
> Seeing pictures of chicks, bikes and cars for the flacs was interesting ;)
>
> If Google ever returns more usual results, is there a way to clear the cache?
> Where does it live?

rm -rf ~/.cache/rage/albumart

> But it's nice I guess, even if the images had nothing to do with the music ;)

i find that if the filename is well done - eg artist-album-title or something
then it comes up with spot-on results for most things. if it's a ripped youtube
video it even comes up with the youtube video still images (well ripped with
video stripped out into an mp3 or something).

i do find even the incorrect results to be good as it gives a visual
differentiation for your music. :) even if it is chicks, bikes and cars. :) i
wonder what music you have as if i dont get a correct result, i normally get
scenery or chicks. no bikes or cars. :)

note that the search submitted uses album+artist+title (or any of theses as
long as at least 2 are available) from the id3 metadata, if not then it'll
actually munge the filename taking [a-zA-z0-9] sequences as words and everything
else as whitespace (excluding extension) and use that. this orks well if the
filename is well named. :)