On Tuesday, 28 December 2004, at 17:59:11 (-0500),
Peter Hyman wrote:

> Well, this was not easy for me, esp., since I am not the config guru.
>
> HOWEVER, I found the problem that allowed me to complete configure,
> although it still does not create a Makefile.
>
> First, configure.in has an error
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/mnt/src/libast$ automake -a -c
> configure.in:91: required file `${srcdir}/include/libast/types.h.in' not
> found
>
> Turns out that for me, $srcdir is never defined, or taken as a literal.
> I'm not the config guru, but changing:

$srcdir is defined by AC_INIT() in the configure script.  It keys off
configure.in (thanks to AC_INIT(configure.in) of course) to see where
the sources are.

> after mv .in config.h.in, I did a config.status --recheck and configure
> completed normally.
>
> However, Makefile still was not created. WHERE IS IT?

configure creates the Makefiles

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>