On Wednesday 23 February 2005 23:43, Michel Briand wrote:
> Hello

Hi,

> maybe you can use int mkfifo (const char *FILENAME, mode_t MODE) to create
> a FIFO in your application. You can then invoke imlib2 with this filename.
> You must feed this FIFO with you data.

Hmmm, nice idea, but I'm afraid Carsten already said it wouldn't work, it
would have been a quite nice workaround.

> Anyway if you explain why you must have your jpeg in memory I can help
> more.

I just got the file from the network, so the file is initially in memory, and
I need to save a (kind of) thumbnail version of what I got, so it doesn't
make much sense (IMHO) to save the full image to disk, then load it, operate
over it and save the reduced version again.

> You probably want to decompress your jpeg. You can rip the loader code if
> it quicken your app however.

I'll try to use epeg to do that.

Thanks,

--