I just checked out the new code and noticed that you basically did what
I did in 1. and 2.  I think your solution is a bit more readable.

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 13:59 -0400, Michael Jennings wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 April 2005, at 05:46:39 (-0600),
> Tres Melton wrote:
>
> > 3.  eterm-0.9.3-shade_24_mmx.patch
> > 4.  eterm-0.9.3-shade_24_mmx-2.patch

> Doesn't work here.  I get the following assembler errors:
>
> mmx_cmod.S:524: Error: expecting scale factor of 1, 2, 4, or 8: got `3)'

Ok, 3. was an act of stupidity.  I forgot that lea? uses (base_ptr,
index, sizeof) where sizeof is required to be 2^n.  On 64 bit machines
the mm? registers are 128 bits so it could also be 16. None of that
stuff will even compile in 64 bit mode so I was guessing and pulled a
stupid.  I might try again sometime but I would have to do some math
prior to reading the 24 bit pixel into a 32 number and before writing it
back out.  I did ensure that writing 32 bits for a 24 bit pixel didn't
hose any data, though.  If I get some other hardware I'll try again so
that when I do submit something I can be sure that it works and that I'm
not wasting your time.  For now, I suggest dropping 3. & 4. and that we
not speak of them again (sorry).

> > 5.  eterm-0.9.3-shade_32_optimize1.patch
> > 6.  eterm-0.9.3-shade_32_optimize2.patch
> > 7.  eterm-0.9.3-shade_24_optimize1.patch
> > 8.  eterm-0.9.3-shade_24_optimize2.patch
>
> All applied and committed.
>
> > Next I would like to start submitting some hooks for the
> > shade_ximage_??_mmx_64 routines that I am working on.  Some of the
> > line numbers in the patch files might be off as these hooks are
> > already in my code.  I think that they take 17 lines at the top of
> > the file.  I did edit the patch files to remove the stuff that
> > wasn't relevant to each particular patch.  Let me know if I've done
> > this correctly and how to fix it if I haven't.  I will confess that
> > I need sleep (@ 5:45 am) but I compiled after all of them and tested
> > the parts that I have hardware for so everything should work (famous
> > last words).  I made all of the patches from the src directory.
>
> Changes in line numbers are not a problem, but if you could make the
> patch from the top-level directory (cvs/eterm/Eterm/), that would be
> great. :)
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

I'll do my best but I'm still learning cvs, diff, patch, etc..  The
other coding that I've done was part of a small group where cvs wasn't
as important and we could always meet around the lunch table.

Thanks,

--
Tres