On Saturday 07 May 2005 03:40 am, you wrote:
> According to the FSF, BSD is compatible with GPL. So, eclair can be on
> GPL even if the EFL are on BSD. On the contrary, if the EFL were on GPL,
> I don't think eclair could be on BSD. BSD is more permissive than GPL.

yes, as in you can import BSD code into GPL code, but not the other way around

i just see it as an annoying issue where you suddenly cant assume that you can
copy & paste code from any old random e17 app into any other random e17 app

then again i'm not raster so it's not my position to say what is and isnt ok

side note, doing a quick check on all the COPYING files, these are GPL:
e17/apps/iconbar
e17/apps/eclair
e17/libs/esmart
e17/libs/epsilon