Didier Casse wrote:

On 8/22/05, Nick Blievers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Didier Casse wrote:

On 8/22/05, Chady Kassouf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

That's the configure script output that you attached, and the error is a
joke. add

--without-sense-of-humor
if you don't want it to show :)

But that shouldn't stop you from compiling.. what errors does "make"
produce?

checking for life_signs in -lKenny... no
Oh my god, they killed Kenny!  You bastards!
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in

Here is your error, not the kenny stuff.

cannot find input file: Makefile.in

Hello Nick,

What I did was just  a

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr

then which would subsequently be followed by a

make
make install

But it fails at my first part. OK we found what's really causing it.
But my next question is "How does one solve this problem?"
I'm no expert on the ./autogen.sh step, but check for errors there. Given the log you have posted I dont think there is enough information there to tell you whats wrong.

In short, autogen.sh runs a bunch of stuff which (among other things) takes Makefile.am and produces a Makefile.in which configure turns into a Makefile.

Hope that helps,

Nick