Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:48:15 -0400 Mike Russo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:
>

>>Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
>>

>>>it looks like eet simply can't load the image data from the eet files Or it
>>>just can't load the edje file at all in the first place. somehow.
>>>

>>Yeah, not exactly sure why, the .edj file is opened and read (according
>>to an strace), and edje_decc works fine, and it's opened in cygwin
>>binary mode, so (shrugs).
>>

>it may be that cygwin's libc does not implement %a in printf/scanf... thats a
>bit fo a showstopper.

Correctamundo again. This C99 functionality is not supported by Cygwin's
libc, they can barely get windows to emulate an '80s-era Unix kernel, so
this is still on the TODO list. ;) This, along with the fact that
modules require a lot of work to get going, should pretty much answer
the question as to whether it's possible. It certainly can't run all
unix software, but I actually have a mail server running
MailScanner/SpamAssassin/exim for cygwin, and despite the fact that SA
runs on top of Perl built for cygwin, it's actually pretty fast.

--
Mike Russo
ReadQ Systems, Inc.

Random quote of the last-time-I-ran-bash:
I still maintain the point that designing a monolithic kernel in 1991 is a
fundamental error.  Be thankful you are not my student.  You would not get a
high grade for such a design :-)
(Andrew Tanenbaum to Linus Torvalds)