Thanks for your answers, I now understand better the problem.
So since evas is not able to do blitting efficiently because it is a too
generic lib, maybe I can do it myself for special cases. I actually
have serious performances problems with the tree and the iconbox of
widgets when the viewport is big enough (lot of objects to update, and
a large area of the screen to redraw).
So the only way I see to do it manually is to render the content of
the tree/iconbox in a buffer with the buffer engine of evas, and then
do my own blitting thing, and redraw things that needs to be redrawn.
The calculation of what will need to be blit or redrawn won't be so
hard because those two situations are quite specific, I just have to
add some restrictions, such as no animated icons for the iconbox.

Now, before trying to do that, I'd like to have your opinion to know if
it will really improve the perfs: I first have to draw or just blit the
content of the iconbox/tree in a buffer, and then display it in an
image object. It adds a new rendering pass so maybe it will even make
the perfs worst. What do you think?

Simon TRENY <MoOm>

Le Sun, 9 Apr 2006 10:03:38 +0900,
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a _crit :