Peter Parkanyi wrote:
> Ephoto/EWL(I don't know which is the guilty one):
> I started ephoto, with the simple command, then navigated to my pictures on
> the upper list, all with mouse. Then wanted to click on the image, but it
> didn't get coloured while the mouse was hovering. Clicked, then the file list
> got the focus, but the dir list didn't lose it, so that i tried to click on
> an item, and it didn't work. When clicked on the dir list again, the file
> list lost the focus, but nothing happened. Then one more click on the file
> list and the dir list lost its focus so that i could choose the files. I
> always clicked on a list item. If i click on a whitespace(no list item in the
> area), then it works.

There is something that is slightly off with the way the filedialog is
handling the mouse clicks at the moment. Almost like the focus is going
to a different part of the tree. Need to find some time to try to track
it down. There has been a bunch of work on focus and the filedialog
lately that could be causing the issue.

I'm assuming your in either the list or column view?

> ETK/EWL: they don't show special hungarian characters such as o", u", but
> rectangles instead. I use utf-8 encoding. There may be problem with other
> languages as well. (Ecore-Evas and E17 shows these chars correctly, though
> the strings are from the language files(.po)).

I'd guess thats a font issue but I'm not sure. Ewl just uses the Vera
font (if memory serves) so if the font doesn't have that character it
can't be displayed. There is currently no mechanism to load extra fonts
into Ewl (or to use fallbacks in the theme). Peter did some work
recently so that entry of utf-8 characters works correctly in the
ewl_entry widget so UTF-8 does work in general.

Ewl currently doesn't have, and we're purposely holding off on,
translation support. We do plan to build it in, but putting it in too
soon just means the translations will continuously keep getting changed
and updated, so we're waiting until Ewl is closer to a release, when the
internal strings are more stable, to do the UI translation work.

dan