Hi Frank,

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 19:41:46 -0700 (PDT),
Frank Dischner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get the EFL working on a handheld running linux and am
> having some problems. I've got the libraries compiled and rendering
> to the framebuffer and I can display images, use timers, get input
> etc. However, neither edje nor emotion objects are displayed. For
> example, I compiled eem and by navigating blindly I can change the
> background, but none of the menu items are shown, though it works
> perfectly on my desktop. I've read through the code many times, but
> honestly have no idea where the problem is. Is there something simple
> I'm missing? I don't know if it makes a difference, but I've compiled
> the libraries without X. Any ideas?

Edje uses Evas for rendering, and is not dependant to X (if I remember
correctly). So if Evas works and Edje does not, it is probably an error
that occurs during the loading of the .edj file.

Use edje_object_load_error_get() to see if a load error occurs. Here
are the list of the error codes:
     EDJE_LOAD_ERROR_NONE = 0,
     EDJE_LOAD_ERROR_GENERIC = 1,
     EDJE_LOAD_ERROR_DOES_NOT_EXIST = 2,
     EDJE_LOAD_ERROR_PERMISSION_DENIED = 3,
     EDJE_LOAD_ERROR_RESOURCE_ALLOCATION_FAILED = 4,
     EDJE_LOAD_ERROR_CORRUPT_FILE = 5,
     EDJE_LOAD_ERROR_UNKNOWN_FORMAT = 6,
     EDJE_LOAD_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_FILE = 7,
     EDJE_LOAD_ERROR_UNKNOWN_COLLECTION = 8

Tell us what code is returned by edje_object_load_error_get(), maybe
it could help.

> My plan was to write a new menu for the GP2X
> (www.gp2x.com), but I haven't gotten the efl to do
> anything useful yet. If I do get something working,
> then I'll definitely post my progress on the forums at
> www.gp32x.com.

Interesting idea, I wanted to do that too but I haven't had the time
(and I still haven't the handheld too :)). I'd be glad if you could post
here a video of the handheld running an EFL app once you'll have solve
this problem :)

Regards,
Simon TRENY <MoOm>