Hi,

On 02/08/2018 10:35 AM, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
On Thu, 08 Feb 2018 02:41:18 +0000 Mike Blumenkrantz
<michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com> said:

This is the second mail I'm sending about this topic. The volume and
frequency of the spam tickets is increasing. Something needs to be done,
either by moving to a different project hosting service which
prevents/filters spam or by permanently ip banning anyone creating tickets
at a rapid pace.

moving project hosting is a crazy option. we loose all our tickets, patches,
wiki etc. if we don't then invest 100's of hours of moving things around and
restarting on something else. then there is the fun of "alternative hosting"
eventually "going away or degrading". been there before. i think you're
over-reacting to 10 spam tickets from 1 user today.

i looked at your recent activities and it looks like it was all "jdnka" and
they seem to all originate from 183.166.174.13 according to phab's logs.

geoip says this one comes from huangshan city, china. banning a single ip, i
doubt will have much effect unless there is a pattern of every spam account
coming from this same ip or a restricted range of them. so far i know of just 2
spam accounts:

bvhgfh5 (the previous one you mentioned - cant get logs for ip now - too old)
jdnjka (this one)

are there others? i only know of 2 instances of spam (i would consider
these 2 instances even if 10 of spam tickets were created per account). can
you point me to others? 2 does not make a pattern yet. i do notice they both
use the same email domain for email address for the user. unfortunately phab
only has the ability it whitelist email domains, not blacklist them. i've added
blacklisting to phab's auth email stuff right now on e.org, so we'll nbe
carrying this patch for a while... i hope it works. it's simple enough...i
blacklisted the domain used here anyway now.

you don't need to manually go close every ticket. just find one ticket and the
problem user and tell me. it's possible to wipe the mess easily enough on the
cmdline. i put together a small script that can qeury the sql db and nuke the
user AND tasks they authored:

   sudo ./phab-nuke-spam-user.sh jdnjka

for example. don't waste your time closing etc. every ticket for now i haven't
nuked the above yet in the interests of gathering more data... do you have any
more data to share?

Its like 1 user per week, that creates ~10 tickets, i usally report them to beber, who is deleting the users. A few other usernames:

xcjdd5v
lskd89

I cannot get more names since they are deleted, and the tickets are deleted, but its since december like this. I usally post them on phab in the spam group :)

Greetings,
   bu5hm4n