On 6 March 2018 at 20:34, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 09:54:50 +0100 Stefan Schmidt <ste...@osg.samsung.com>
> said:
>
> i really don't think we have a lot of break issues given size and complexity.
> not build breaks anyway. right now if jenkins detects a build break... how
> does
> a developer know? it can take hours before it detects something. should they
> sit hitting reload on the browser for the next hour hoping one of the builds
> going contains their commit? we have a broken feedback cycle. jenkins should
> mail the mailing list with "commit X broke build: log etc. link here". if a
> build breaks, jenkins should go back commits until it finds a working one then
> report the commit that broke. at least devs would get a notification. unless i
> they sit staring at build.e.org with reloads or someone tells me, i just have
> no idea a build would have broken.
>
> i think we've talked about this many times before... :)

I think in this case, you should probably open a task about it.
The probability is low but someone might see this and decide to to
help on it. (it is better than having no task)
We could also put in the wiki as wanted help or something.
I think many people with admin knowledge have proposed to help on the ml.