I keep trying to use Bryce, at least I can in 22.2, but it seems to
lack so many features I use  from shelf.

 - Very difficult to get to settings under Bryce, have to click around
   and hold down ctrl or alt. I can right click anywhere on shelf. Even
   on a gadget, and it gives me context menu for shelf. Bryce badly
   needs such. Its really hard to access settings, remove, etc. Seems
   you can hold alt over a gadget. It is very difficult and very bad
   user experience IMHO. It takes me to long to get to bryce settings
   or context menu. Gadget settings menu is not a problem for those
   that have that, but not all do like the start menu. If you remove
   all gadgets from bryce bar, really difficult to get to menu to
   remove, gadgets, etc. I have an empty bryce bar I cannot remove or
   add gadgets to, till I figure out the magical keyboard click combo
   or something. Its really horrible! Should be very easy to get to
   settings to remove, add gadgets etc.

-  Along those same lines, on desktop menu. Shelf has a option to remove
   along with add, and lists any shelves in that sub context menu.
   Bryce needs something like that, it only has add.

- Ability to control hide speed, both open and close like shelf. Shelf
  seems to have settings, bryce has very few. I assume you can re-size
  bryce, like setting shelf to 48 pixels, or something.

- Battery gadget did not work correctly, one in shelf shows time and
  what not, the one in bryce says time remaining 0:00. I can mouse over
  one in shelf for that information % and time. I have to click on the
  one in bryce, and has a pop-up vs displaying over the battery icon.
  They do not share any settings. Which really IMHO battery settings
  like suspend etc, should be in the system power settings, not
  specific to any gadget. Here if I have 2, shelf and bryce, I have 2
  different settings.

- No clock? Not a huge deal can add to desktop vs bryce bar. But I do
  have a digital clock in shelf. That was not an available gadget for
  bryce bar.

- Any miss-click in wizard (grayed out area) causes it to close/cancel
  and start over. I missed a check box on selecting auto hide, and had
  to start over. Minor, but should have some tolerance for accidental
  click on wrong spot.

All around I find bryce very difficult to use and work with. Lacking
features I need and use in shelf. These things keep me stuck on shelf
and bryce is something I can check out, but then remove.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.