On Thursday, 19 April 2018 23:48:22 ACST, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> A while back I filed a feature request for adding a record desktop
> option like the extremely useful screenshot
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/T5373
>
> Going one step further, if/when that feature is ever added. If an
> option to save to like animated gif is present. That may really help
> with various bug reporting. If something is hard to describe, one can
> submit an animated gif recording.
>
> Example, animated picture is worth more than a thousand words :)
> https://github.com/Revivius/nb-darcula/issues/125#issuecomment-382733677
>
> I know at times I had to use emprint cli screenshot tool to take
> delayed screenshots to show mouse overs and other things that would go
> away when taking a regular screenshot. Being able to record and
> share/upload animated gifs like E screenshots I think would be might
> beneficial.
>
> Could even use it for mini how tos or tutorials on usage,
> configuration, and other things for E. I absolutely love the screenshot
> utility. One of the features of E I have used considerably. Even
> Firefox recently added screenshot ability.
>
> I am sure users would put such to use! Not just for development.

In the meantime have you tried SimpleScreenRecorder? won't create gifs
on its own, probably also wont work with wayland, but i've used it in
the past to create videos of issues then upload them to a youtube
account like this ammusing one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YEWYOpvlkI

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30