On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 08:29:13 -0700 "Jonathan Frederick via RT"
<supp...@osuosl.org> said:

> > This still hasn't been resolved? Nearly a year later? Can you tell
> > us
> > what fan it is so we can order one and have it shipped to you if need
> > be?
> >

> Hello Stephen!
>
> The OOB credentials I have for the machine don't work, so I can't tell you
> what the firmware is saying. I don't believe we have access to the OS running
> on the machine.
>
> In an earlier email Bertrand said he was getting a new fan from SuperMicro,
> but there has been no update since.
>
> Sorry for the email spam, if you CC supp...@osuosl.org we can track these
> emails in our ticketing system.

Which fan exactly is not spinning. We bought a spares kit. I just dug up the
old invoce. You should have gotten a box/back of spares with the following in
it when the sever shipped to OSUOSL:

2.  1   iServ R309.v3 Spares Kit                         $435.00   $435.00

    Details:
    Mainboard:  No Item Selected
    RAM:  1 x 8GB DDR3-1600 Registered ECC Memory 2-Rank 1.5V
    Hard Drive:  No Item Selected
    Server Fan:  1 x 40x28mm 13K RPM 4-pin PWM Server Fan
    Power Supply:  600W Power Supply with PMBus 80 PLUS Platinum

So there is 1 spare fan in that lot. Is that the right fan replacement? Or is
it a different fan?

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com