On 12/02/2019 18:35, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> Good morning everyone,
>
> Yesterday both Stefan and myself discussed CI and releases.
>
> In terms of CI I will be setting up a team on azure so we can do some bench
> marking on performance compared to Travis as well as how many simultaneous
> builds can be run at any one time to see if there are any limitations.
>
> In regards to releasing of major releases we agreed that 3 months seems to be
> a bit short and are looking at changing that to 5 months for major release
> and then more frequent point release in between those five months if there
> are lots of fixes we can look at doing point releases on a weekly basis.
>
> At this stage given my scripting skills are virtually non existent and this
> would take me a while to script Stefan is going to try this week to get me
> the script for the releases as well as weekly point releases. After that my
> plan is to use a linode that I have to start churning out the releases.
>
> Stefan in regards to base os for the release system would I be fine with
> centos or would something like Debian or Ubuntu be better?

As the release is just a compressed folder with source code the release
should be the same regardless of which base os you use unless we have
bugs in the build scripts. I build the enlightenment ones on my local
openSUSE Tumbleweed machine.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30