On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:37:52 -0500 (CDT) "Ibukun Olumuyiwa"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> *Suddenly appears out of nowhere*
>
> NO.
>
> No blatant copying of gdm code, even with permission. Study the algorithm
> and reimplement it, but don't copy blocks of code from GDM. Everything
> needs to be written from scratch. That's always been the design philosophy
> from the beginning -- a lot of stuff in Entrance is taken from GDM
> architecture/algorithm-wise, but I always took care to make sure I didn't
> copy code explicitly to avoid licensing problems.
>
> Great catch btw, Raster. Thanks.

thanks ibukun - entrance is your baby after all and your word should be final :)

note - that function is not very long. it would be easy to write again. just
examine the algorithm - check what can be re-done in different logic statements
or different order (if it can) and use different variables etc.  because it is
so short - it will still be similar to the gdm function - but you should be
just copying the algorithm an using it as a reference for "oooh so THAT is the
magic function in selinux that i need to call!". :)

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)